Larin 24 Fe is a birth control drug containing microdose of hormones. It contains norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol and ferrous fumarate known as the placebo pills.
Indications for use
Larin 24 Fe is prescribed in the following cases:
- hormonal contraception;
- stimulation or delayed menstruation;
- infertility provoked by functional impairment;
- hypoplasia of the uterus;
- functional disorders of the menstrual cycle;
Mechanism of action
Larin 24 Fe contains norethisterone and ethinyl estradiol. This combination relates to active synthetic progestin and estrogen. This drug is characterized as an oral contraceptive suppressing an ovulation. It also increases the viscosity of cervical secretions. Moreover, it prevents the implantation of the fertilized egg to the uterine cavity.
Mode of application and dosage
Larin 24 Fe includes 28 pills. The latest 4 contains ferrous fumarate. The pill is taken on a daily basis at one and the same time. The pill is washed down with a small amount of water. When taking placebo pills the menstruation will start.
The number of contraindications to Larin 24 Fe application is not enormous. They predominantly include the following medical conditions:
- severe abnormal hepatic function;
- hepatic tumors;
- chronic or acquired idiopathic jaundice;
- Rotor’s syndrome;
- sickle-cell anemia;
- severe fat metabolism dysfunctions;
- prior or current thromboembolic diseases;
- thrombosis of arteries and veins;
- cardiovascular dysfunction of severe character;
- increased blood pressure;
- itching during pregnancy;
- herpes pregnant;
- hormone-dependent tumors in the mammary glands or uterus;
- pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The following side effects may be caused by Larin 24 Fe:
- breast tenderness;
- swelling of the ankles/feet (fluid retention);
- weight change;
- vaginal bleeding;
- missed/irregular periods;
- lumps in the breast;
- mental/mood changes;
- dark urine;
- yellowing eyes/skin;
- deep vein thrombosis;
- heart attack;
- pulmonary embolism;
- unusual sweating;
- severe dizziness;
- trouble breathing.
It is possible to reduce the effectiveness of Larin 24 Fe by combining it with narcotic drugs, analgesics, tranquilizers, anticonvulsants, and some antibiotics. The effectiveness of insulin or oral hypoglycemic drugs may be reduced when taking this birth control drug. If you take any kind of medications inform your doctor before starting the contraception.
What if I miss a dose?
- If you are late in taking the pill for less than 24 hours, you may not become pregnant A missed pill should be taken as fast as possible to provide the reliable contraceptive effect.
- If you are late in taking the pill for more than 24 hours, the risk to be pregnant is high. It is recommended to use barrier methods of contraception to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
Larin 24 Fe and pregnancy
It is necessary to exclude Larin 24 Fe if you are pregnant or breastfeed. The risk to damage the fetus is overweigh the benefits for the future mother.