Dasetta 1 / 35 is a low dose contraceptive drug – ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone.
Indications for use
Mechanism of action
This drug has a contraceptive effect. It contains the optimal ratio of 2 hormones – progestogen (norethisterone) and estrogen (ethinylestradiol). It inhibits the production of gonadotropic (controlling the activity of the sexual glands) hormones, suppresses the follicles’ maturation (the structural and functional ovarian element) and ovulation. The drug does not affect the lipid metabolism.
Mode of application and dosage
Dasetta 1 / 35 is applied in a dose of 1 mg/35 mcg combined in a pill taken at one and the same time. The pill is washed down with a full glass of water. The course lasts for 28 days. During the application of inert pills, the menstruation will come.
- Thrombophlebitis (venous wall inflammation with occlusion);
- Thromboembolic diseases (vascular obstruction);
- Cerebrovascular diseases (cerebrovascular diseases);
- Coronary artery disease;
- Severe liver dysfunction;
- Neoplasms of the genitourinary system;
- Estrogen-dependent neoplasias (neoplasms);
- Uterine bleeding with an unknown cause.
Dasetta 1 / 35 may influence the various systems of the organism causing the number of side effects:
- cardiovascular system: venous or arterial thrombosis or thromboembolism (including myocardial infarction, stroke, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, thromboembolism of the hepatic, mesenteric, renal arteries and veins, arteries of the retina); increased blood pressure.
- nervous system: dizziness, nervousness.
- benign, malignant and unspecified neoplasms (including cysts and polyps): benign and malignant hepatic tumors, hormone-dependent breast tumors.
- skin condition: chloasma (especially if there is a history of chloasma in pregnancy), acne.
- digestive system: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
- reproductive system: acyclic spotting (usually in the first months of application), candidiasis vulvovaginitis, an absence of menstrual bleeding.
- other: the onset or exacerbation of jaundice and/or pruritus associated with cholestasis, cholelithiasis, porphyria, systemic lupus erythematosus, hemolytic-uremic syndrome, minor chorea, herpes of pregnant women, hearing loss due to otosclerosis, allergic reactions.
The effectiveness of Dasetta 1/35 may be reduced in the case of simultaneous use of narcotic drugs, analgesics, tranquilizers, anticonvulsants, and certain antibiotics. When taking this birth control, the effectiveness of insulin or oral hypoglycemic drugs may decrease.
What if I miss a dose?
If the next pill application is delayed for less than 12 hours, the reliability of contraception does not decrease. A woman should take a pill as soon as she remembers it, and takes the follow-up tablets at the usual time.
If the next pill is delayed for more than 12 hours, the reliability of contraception can be reduced. In this case, the following rules should be followed:
- taking pills should never be stopped for more than 7 days;
- it is necessary to take the pill 7 days in a row for adequate suppression of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian system.
Dasetta 1 / 35 and pregnancy
The use of Dasetta 1 / 35 during pregnancy is contraindicated. In the case of pregnancy on the background of this drug, it should be discontinued.
The drug can affect lactation. It can reduce the amount and change the structure of breast milk. The use of the preparation is contraindicated until the end of breastfeeding. A small amount of sex hormones and/or their constituents can enter breast milk.