Alyacen 7 / 7 / 7 is a triphasic birth control contraception. The main components are ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone.
Indications for use
Alyacen 7 / 7 / 7 is intended for an oral administration as a birth control means.
Mechanism of action
This birth control is a synthetic hormonal drug having an effect on the endometrium (the inner uterine membrane). These hormones have suppressed an ovulation preventing an unwanted pregnancy. This drug influences the endometrium making it almost impossible for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterine cavity. Alyacen 7 / 7 / 7 has also a positive effect on the skin condition. It may help deprive of acne vulgaris.
Mode of application and dosage
Alyacen 7 / 7 / 7 is a triphasic medication. Every pill should be taken within 28 days without any interruptions. The pill should be washed down with a small amount of water. The menstruation will start the second/third day during the placebo pills.
- Digestive system: possible nausea, vomiting, abnormal gastrointestinal function, abnormal hepatic function, jaundice, gallstones formation.
- Endocrine system: possible pain and an increase in the mammary glands, changes in libido, impaired menstrual cycle and bleeding after the drug withdrawal, a decrease in glucose tolerance.
- Metaboliс ыныеуь: possible swelling, weight gain.
- Сentral nervous system: possible depression, headache, migraine, dizziness.
- Dermatological reactions: skin hyperpigmentation.
- Blood coagulation system: an increased tendency to thrombosis and an increased risk of developing thromboembolism.
Alyacen 7 / 7 / 7 is used with caution in the cases of bronchial asthma, epilepsy, migraine, heart and kidney diseases, as well as hypertension, hypercalcemia, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, otosclerosis.
The following side effects may be observed when taking Alyacen 7 / 7 / 7:
- possible breast tenderness;
- weight gain;
- bleeding from the genital tract;
- digestive disorders;
- mood changes;
- skin rash;
- paresthesia (numbness in the limbs).
Estrogen can reduce the effects of anticoagulants, antihypertensives and hypoglycemic drugs. With simultaneous use of ethinyl estradiol and drugs that induce hepatic enzymes (barbiturates, carbamazepine, griseofulvin and rifampicin), there is a possibility of the reduction in the level of ethinyl estradiol in the blood plasma.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose you should remember, first of all, how much time has spent from this moment. If less than 24 hours have passed the contraceptive effect is not decreased. The pill should be taken as fast as possible. Then, the course should be continued.
If more than 24 hours have passed the additional methods of contraception should be utilized as the risk of becoming pregnant is high. The pill should be taken immediately even if it means 2 pills intake at one and the same time.
Alyacen 7 / 7/ 7 and pregnancy
The FDA considers Alyacen 7 / 7/ 7 to be X-category. The use during pregnancy is contraindicated. In the case of pregnancy, the use of the combination of norethindrone + ethinyl estradiol should be withdrawn.
The combination may affect lactation because COCs reduce the amount and change the composition of breast milk. Reception of such a birth control drug is contraindicated before the termination of breastfeeding. A small number of sex hormones and/or their metabolites can be released into breast milk.