Hailey Fe 1 / 20 is a microdose oral birth control intended to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. The ovulation is suppressed when taking this birth control drug.
Indications for use
Mechanism of action
This preparation relates to an oral contraceptive of a combined character containing ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone. At a therapeutic dose, norethindrone also has anti-androgen and weak anti-mineralocorticoid properties. There is a proved fact that there is a risk reduction of endometrial and ovarian cancer when applying Hailey Fe 1 / 20.
Mode of application and dosage
Hailey Fe 1 / 20 is prescribed as a 28-course. This course includes 21 pills containing hormone and the latest 7 which contain Ferrous Femurate. The pills are prescribed for a daily application. The pill is washed down with a full glass of water. The menstruation will last the 2-3 day and may last for longer than the application of placebo pills.
Hailey Fe 1 / 20 should not be discontinued or banned in the presence of any of the medical conditions:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- current or prior vein thrombosis;
- current or prior arterial thrombosis for example, myocardial infarction;
- transient ischemic attack, stenocardia inclusively of the presence in the medical history;
- complicated valvular cardiac disease, atrial fibrillation, uncontrolled high blood pressure;
- severe surgical intervention complicated by a long-lasting immobilization;
- smoking especially if you are over 35 years old;
- hepatic failure;
- benign or malignant hepatic tumors;
- current or prior cerebrovascular disorders;
- hereditary or acquired predisposition to venous or arterial thrombosis;
- diagnosed or transferred pancreatitis;
- severe hepatic disorder diagnosed ever in medical history;
- severe chronic kidney failure or acute kidney failure;
- vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology;
- migraine complicated by diagnosed focal neurological symptoms;
- diagnosed or suggested pregnancy;
- hereditary intolerance to galactose, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Nervous system: headache, emotional lability, depression; decreased or increased libido.
- Endocrine system: violations of the menstrual cycle, intermenstrual bleeding, pain in the mammary glands; secretion from the mammary glands.
- Organs of senses: hearing loss, intolerance to contact lenses.
- Digestive system: nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: acne, eczema, skin rash, urticaria, erythema nodosum, erythema multiforme, pruritus, chloasma.
- Vascular system: migraine, increase or decrease in blood pressure, thrombosis (venous and arterial), thromboembolism.
- Systemic disorders and complications at the injection site: an increase in body weight; fluid retention; weight loss.
- Immune system: bronchospasm.
- Reproductive system and mammary glands: acyclic vaginal bleeding, tenderness, enlargement of the mammary glands, candidiasis, vaginitis, secretion from the mammary glands, an increase in vaginal secretion.
The combination of oral contraceptives with other drugs such as enzyme inducers, some antibiotics can contribute to breakthrough bleeding.A decrease in contraceptive effectiveness takes place.
Some medications may reduce Hailey Fe 1 / 20 effectiveness. These include drugs applied to cure epilepsy such as primidone, phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, felbamate, tuberculosis such as rifampicin, rifabutin) and HIV infection such as ritonavir, nevirapine; antibiotics for the treatment of some other infectious diseases for example, penicillin, tetracyclines, griseofulvin, as well as hypericum medicines prescribed mainly in the depressed mood treatment.
What if I miss a dose?
If the delay in taking the pill was less than 12 hours, there is no decrease in the contraceptive protection. A woman needs to take a pill as soon as possible, the following pills are taken at the common period of time. If the delay in taking the pills is more than 12 hours, contraceptive protection can be reduced.
Hailey Fe 1/20 and pregnancy
Hailey Fe 1/20 is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding. There is a risk of bringing more damage to the fetus health.